The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Transfer Students

New Transfer students please follow the steps below:

Step 1:

Make an appointment to meet with a TCNJ Veterans Affairs Counselor. The Office of Student Financial Assistance is located in Green Hall Room 101 and the telphone number is at (609) 771-2211.  Bring the following to the appointment:

  • Certificate of Eligibility (Form 22-0557)
  • Veterans Affairs Enrollment Certification (Form 22-1999) –  (Chapters 30, 32 & 1606)
  • Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (Form 22-5495) – (Chapter 35)

Step 2:

Complete the TCNJ Veterans Education Benefits Request Form.  When you complete this online form it is sent electronically to the TCNJ Veterans Affairs Office. Please note you must completed the Veterans Education Benefits Form every academic year.

Step 3:

The TCNJ Veterans Affairs Officer will retain these forms and submit the Enrollment Certification (Form 22-1999) to the Veterans Affairs Central Office so the payment of benefits will resume.

  • After your first semester at TCNJ follow the procedures for a continuing student listed in the “Getting Started” section.

Step 4:

Funds Disbursement

Depending upon your Veteran Education Benefit Program the funds are disbursed as follows:

  • Chapter 33 – Post GI Bill®: The fund are sent directly to The College of New Jersey and posted to your student account.
  • Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill®: The funds are sent directly to the student via direct deposit. For more information call toll-free 877-838-2778.
  • Chapter 35 – Dependents Educational Assistance: The funds are sent directly to the student.

Step 5:

After your first semester at TCNJ students follow the procedures for a continuing student.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at