The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Federal Aid – Free Application for Federal Student Aid

If your Veterans Education Benefits do not cover your tuition, fees and other expenses, students can apply for financial assistance by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ( We recommend that you file a FAFSA for each school year.  The FAFSA is available beginning January 1 for the next academic year.  Be sure to list The College of New Jersey Title IV School Code (002642) as a college choice on the FAFSA. In order to be considered for most types of financial assistance, you must be enrolled at least half-time (typically 1.5 units for an undergraduate and 5 credits for a graduate student) in a degree-seeking program.

Note: Veterans benefits are incorporated into your total aid eligibility. Therefore, some Veterans Affairs Education benefits may be impacted as a result of receiving these benefits. Please consult the Office of Veterans Affairs for additional information.